Building Analyst Professional
The BAP course will upskill existing energy efficiency professionals with work scope development, energy modeling, HVAC systems, best practices and on-site management. Upon completion of this training class, students will challenge a 2-hour proctored online exam in order to gain the BPI Building Analyst Professional certification.
- Be able to develop course of action and work scope measures from site visit documentation
- Be able to identify structural and other deficiencies from gathered data.
- Understand the structural and materials requirements to install recommended measures.
- Be able to perform calculations that determine ventilation requirements, baseload utilities consumption, heat loss and air leakage.
- Be able to build accurate models of building energy usage.
- Be able to prioritize work scope measures based on gathered and remote data.
- Be able to prioritize health and safety repairs.
- Be able to calculate savings from installed energy conservation measures.
Prerequisite: BPI Building Analyst Technician Certification
Course Style: Online lecture, exercises, interactive work scope development test cases, reviewsummaries and practice test.
Duration: 12 hours of online instruction plus a 2-hour proctored certifying online exam.
Build Green Maine will:
- Provide access to modeling software
- Provide supplemental training materials
- Provide online test proctoring of candidates
- Process candidate BPI application