Building Analyst Technician
The BAT course prepares professionals for careers in energy efficiency, weatherization and efficiency program delivery. The BAT provides detailed learning and practice of building inspection, data gathering, diagnostic testing, energy conservation measures, HVAC systems and health and safety inspections. Upon completion of this training class, students will challenge a 4-hour proctored field exam in order to gain the BPI Building Analyst Technician certification.
- Understand the house-as-a-system approach to residential construction
- Understand the mechanisms of heat, air and moisture transport and their impact on energy loss and building materials
- Be able to conduct building inspection identifying health & safety issues
- Be able to conduct diagnostic and combustion safety tests
- Be able to gather all essential data from systems and building assemblies sufficient to develop a comprehensive scope of work
- Become familiar with relevant codes and standards governing retrofit work
- Understand the essential elements required for safe operation of combustion appliances and minimum elements for healthy indoor air.
Prerequisite: Building Science Principles Certificate
Course Style: Hybrid with both online and in-person instruction with reference guide,supplemental exercises, review summaries and practice test.
Duration: 16 hours of online instruction plus 16 hours of in-person field instruction and a 4-hour proctored certifying field exam.
Build Green Maine will:
- Provide small-group, hands-on field instruction
- Provide house for field training and testing
- Provide all equipment
- Process candidate BPI application
- Provide supplemental training materials
- Provide individualized field test proctoring of candidates