Multi-Family Building Analyst
The MFBA course will upskill existing Building Analyst professionals in the multi-family sector with in-depth review of major HVAC, water and power systems, analytical techniques and onsite diagnostic tests. Upon completion of this training class, students will challenge both a proctored 2-hour online exam and a 1 ½ hour practical exam in order to gain the BPI MultiFamily Building Analyst certification.
- Be able to identify structural and other deficiencies from site visits, gathered data and building documentation.
- Perform calculations that determine ventilation requirements, baseload utilities consumption, heat loss and air leakage.
- Be able to prioritize work scope measures based on gathered data.
- Be able to prioritize health and safety repairs.
- Become familiar with the pertinent standards and codes governing analysis and retrofit of multi-family structures,
- Be able to calculate savings from installed energy conservation measures.
Prerequisite: BPI Building Science Principles Certificate
Course Style: Online with reference guide, supplemental exercises, review summaries and practice tests.
Duration: 20 hours of online instruction plus 2 proctored exams.
Build Green Maine will:
- Conduct five 4-hour training webinars covering all material pertaining to the BPI Multi-Family Building Analyst certification
- BPI Building Science Principles Reference Guide
- Provide training materials: practice tests, problem sets and review quizzes
- BPI Standards and Source Reference sheets
- Process candidate application
- Provide test proctoring of candidates